Living the Rich LiFe

Living the Rich LiFe

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Weekend

This weekend we spent some time speaking on behalf of the Fallen soldiers, the ones currently serving, and our country in general to our children. We shared our stories with them on what Big rich and his family did when they were young on Memorials day and what mine did. In Hawaii, we Always..always..always, go to the Laie Cemetary(which is right next to the Laie Temple) where both of my Grandparents are buried now, but at the time it was only Grandpa. We would spend the whole day there, grooming his gravesite, planting more flowers,and visiting with other families...and we celebrated that day in memory of our loved ones as well as the fallen soldiers who lost their lives while serving our Country. Both of our Fathers served in the millitary, one of my uncles, and I currently have a cousin who is high ranked, and I think she's like JAG or something, but yeah, it was nice to reflect and educate our children about this Holiday. Anyways for the most part we did lots of
HOUSE CLEANING....LOTS OF IT...WE ARE GETTING READY FOR OUR ANNUAL GARAGE SALE SO WE HAD TO THROW OUT LOTS OF GARBAGE, AND PART WITH CLOTHING AND MANY OTHER THINGS THAT HAVE JUST BEEN HANGING AROUND UN-NEEDED~

I'M REALLY PROUD OF US..WE WORKED AS A TEAM, TACKLE'N ONE ROOM AT A TIME..AND MAN I SOOOOOOOOOO COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY THINGS WE FOUND THAT HAVE BEEN M.I.A FOR SOMETIME, AND COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH OF PACK-RATS THESE KIDS ARE..THEY WANTED TO KEEP EVERY SINGLE PAPER FROM SCHOOL!! I ABOUT LOST IT, THANK GOODNESS WE ARE BUILDING A FIRE PIT.


I ALSO GOT TO MOW FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER...EVER..EVER IN MY LIFE..AND I FOUND IT RELAXING...YUP YUP..AND I DID PRETTY DARN GOOD...WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON OUR YARD ALL WEEKEND..WE HAVE HAD OUR SECOND FIRE PIT FIRE AND ENJOYED SOME SMORES WITH THE
KIDS...I CANNOT WAIT TO FINISH IT...THIS IS WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE

IN THIS PICTURE THEY JUST BRICKED ABOVE GROUND. OUR PIT IS ABOUT 2FT DEEP, + THE BRCIK WALL...I'M EXCITED, BUT WE HAD A FUN MEMORIAL WEEKEND. WE STAYED LOCAL EVEN THOUGH GREG HAD FRI-TUES OFF, DUE TO ME NOT FEELING WELL.
IT WAS MEMORABLE THOUGH!

1 comment:

curly girl said...

When's the garage sale?! And, when should we bring over the fixin's for s'mores?!

I'm glad you had a good weekend. It's great that you had stuff to share w/your kids about Mem Day. Since it was E's b'day, we focused on that. The girls got pretty quiet when we talked about what Mem Day is... Kinda a killjoy, huh?!