Living the Rich LiFe

Living the Rich LiFe

Friday, July 18, 2008

Independance day

American Rhetoric: Movie Speech

"Independence Day" (1996)



The President: Good morning. In less than an hour, aircrafts from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.


Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!


Like ever since this movie, I always think of this speech on the 4th of July...it makes you Darn Proud doesn't it? It does me. I had to work that morning but since business was slow I was able to leave early and catch a little of the Wards Annual 4th of July Breakfast and Parade.





Mom & Dad were able to be there this year.

The Portland boyz, the Adairs, and mOe was in attendance.

Last year my sister Laura and I led the primary kids around the parking lot for a 4th of July parade, and this year, yours truly took the reins and did it again...with my Lauralita by my side!
Liams first 4ht of July parade
E&M Robison..the cute&curly duo

There was an over cast that morning, which made the parade so much more easier and tolerable. Last year, I about died..it was so hot..but this year was just right!

There were so many places to go, but only one was promised. We spent the 4th with Mom and Dad. Dad had bought the kids a Slip and Slide for them to stay cool with
while we were down there.
The kids had a blast on that.
Lou backed out like a lil'chicken..that's alright, the boys would have still kicked her butt! So we tried it again..hoping she would slide..but Bear went solo..and was cruisin dad BBQ up some fantabulous EATS
It was such an awesome day. It was our first 4th with mom & dad since Rich and I
have been married...so it was nice to be with them! Bear was about done..I brought my swimsuit in case I dared the slide, but the last time I slid on one of those was before my kids...so that was before I had boobies! It actually looked like it would hurt! OOUCH!

The day went by nice and slow. The kids were just anxious for it to get dark because they had each got a medium size bag of fireworks from their daddy shelby...yeah thanks! I realy do hate fireworks...I mean I like the pretty artillery shell ones that go boom and sparkle all nice and pretty in the air...but there are some that just scare me! Fire scares meSo I was just enjoying the day while it lasted...the kids played in the water all day long. Of course if we were with my family, we would have been at the lake...so either way, they spent the 4th wet and in water!


I love my husband very very much. With every celebration/holiday, it always takes us back to our first that we ever shared. Some say nothing beats your first, but with Team Rich, so far it has only been getting better! Mom and dad bought
which by the way was totally freaking Awesome..I was kicking myself that it took me that long to watch it! All in all in was a very memorable, and exciting 4th! I was in bed by 8:30pm...granted I had to work the next day, but my allergies kicked up and I passed out after taking my pills...I totally missed the kids lighting their fireworks off...but there will be plenty more 4th's to come.

2 comments:

Betts Family said...

Wow you guys had a full 4th of July! Thanks for sharing all the fun pictures, I miss seeing you all and it's great to catch up via your blog! Tell everyone hello from us and let's chat soon.

Laura said...

Sista! I'm back in town and ready to hang!! I miss you and the kids, and of course Greg! Let's do the park thing, ok? I'll get in touch with ya. Love ya!