Living the Rich LiFe

Living the Rich LiFe

Friday, December 12, 2008

Family Traditions

Every year TR6 attends the lighting of the Bonney Lake Christmas tree. We have been going for as long as Rich and I have been married. This year we attended the Sumner Christmas Parade for the first time w/Bestie and her son Dane, Mom & Dad, Bill & Erica and their family. It was a nice family day full of traditions. That same night was the lighting of the tree, and we all attended that as well.

Some of our other traditions is going to the same Christmas tree farm and cutting down our Huge tree. That day is coming soon, I think this Saturday, but it takes us a while to all decide on that Special tree that gets to come home with us.
Aside from the Baking, and putting the lights up together, one of our most favorite traditions is adopting a family, or maybe I should say helping others. This year the Team has been donating to our local families in need by buying gifts for them and dropping them off at our Local Jamba Juice. I would like to think that they are giving with a good heart more then it being all about receiving 50% off any size and smoothie of their choice...but either way, it's going to a great cause. All the gifts stay local, and they get a little something in return.
I love this time of the year!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey lady girl! When are we going to get together? I have some ideas...let's talk. What are you doing on Monday evening FHE? I love your family traditions. Those are the things we remember most as we get "older." :)

Ace said...

Hi Team Richardson:

It's me Uncle Lee, wow, your Blog looks professional. Visit our blog @matavaoohana.blogspot.com and give me some pointers.

Since I don't see you on our family website much any more, I will leave a Christmas Message on your blog.

Just wanted to let you all know how proud I am of all of you and your choice of righteousness. What joy we receive in our lives if we continue to CTR. We are all excited about Eddie's miraculous recovery for a near death experience. I am also amazed @ the love that our Father in Heaven has for all of us, for the gift of the priesthood in our lives, what a wonderful gift.

We are doing just fine and so blessed for the blessing of living a good life. God bless all of you and please know how much you are loved @ this Christmas celebration. We all our love the Majestic Matavao's. Uncle Lee, Auntie Rosa, Cousin's Tapa', Krae & Princess Calea..ALOFA TELE MO OUTOU!