Living the Rich LiFe

Living the Rich LiFe

Friday, December 12, 2008

~Being Thankful 4 Families~

Turkey day was Amazing. We spent a little bit of the morning with my family at my sister Abbies house. Mom was scheduled to work at 2pm, so we ate early with her, but we still had to save room for our second stop at mom/dad Rich. It's such a great feeling to gather with the ones that you are truly thankful for, and look back and remember where you were last year, and think about how much blessing we have received. Prior to eating the delicious meal that was prepared for us, we as a family couldn't help but to discuss the year before, and what we were all doing, the events that took place, and just laugh. My Wilson side has a pretty well ROUNDED sense of humor. If you dont know us by now, then I guess we would come off a little rough to you, but as Polynesians & simple people, life has really been something we laugh about it, especially given our background and our up bringing.
So needless to say, we ALL like many families have TONS to be thankful for.
This year was absolutely Fabulous for me. I did not have to prepare anything big, just 2 Green bean casseroles. One for our first stop, and another for the second one. It was very low maintenance, and I was thankful for that.
My life has had it's plenty shares of ups and Downs, but I can honestly say that every year it has exceeded the last. Rich and I were reflecting back to last Thanksgiving, and where our lives were and where it is now, and we have had some Major upgrades. From financial stand points, to cars, people, goals, material things, and opportunities, we have definitely been blessed..no down grades at all, and that is what this day is all about....Being Thankful for life.
After mom left for work, TR6 had to roll out to Pacific to have dinner with the Richardson side.
This would be the first Thanksgiving with them in like 3 years..maybe more! My sister in law Erica was responsible for preparing the Bird and mom was doing the extras. Bill wanted to smoke a Turkey as well, so we had 2 kinds of gobble's that day. They were both Yummy! But we chillaxed and had a great time with them. Everything was delicious. I'm always Leary about eating traditional foods made by someone else. I'm just so use to the way my mommy prepares things, or myself that I was worried about being disappointed being that this is the only time of the year I like to eat Turkey. I always look forward MAINLY to the day after Turkey Samiches! Those are the best!
Although it wasn't what I'm use to, it was still very yummy.
We all played Guitar Hero World Tour for entertainment, and then just chillaxed and talked grown up talk with mom & dad which really felt good.
Not wanting to stay out late because Black Friday was the following day, I think we called it a night around 9pm. Overall it was Amazing. I enjoyed my Turkey day immensely. It was fo'sho, one to remember!

I am happy to report that the Sunday following Turkey day, we were all over at mom's house for our 3rd Thanksgiving dinner. Since mom wasn't really able to chillax a while the day of, we made up for it that Sunday. The Bird was just as I remembered...nothing like mom's good'ol Turkey, and you best believe that I had a Samich..2 of them in fact. We played our family bingo, and did our traditional what are you thankful for around the room, giving everyone a chance to share their thoughts. This is what it's about. Family, and good eats!

No comments: